Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A new phase for me

Yes, its been ages since I've actually posted anything and all those promises I made about changing, well lets just say they never really came through. Six months since my last post, which was not much of a post anyway, I've once again undergone some major changes in my life. I've decided to quit being a lazy ass and have actually gone and got a proper 9-5 job. Yes this one and a half year experiment into the world of freelancing is finally over and what have I learnt from it?

Well quite a lot actually and the sad realisation that I might not be ready or maybe not even cut out for doing things on my own. I had so many plans; grow my freelance writing biz, maybe start a site hopefully make some money, blog, actually finish some sort of higher education course etc. and did  actually do them. Well sort of but all of them in a half hearted matter. To make matters even worse due to the complacency I had during this entire period of 'working on my own' I found that I was becoming less and less financially prudent. I haven't exactly been very good with the money which has resulted in me being well less financially well off than I originally was. Yes I was earning a good deal but at the same time, I was wasting money on stuff just to kill my boredom. On top of that I wasn't even doing most of my jobs properly which saw me slowly cutting of one job by one until I was only doing bare minimal stuff.

So I finally decided some time last week that enough was enough. I was damaging my life as it is. Before I could ruin any rep I built up in the industry (which I suspected I was close to doing) I decided that a total change was needed. I found myself a new job with a set of challenges that I was looking forward to facing. I believe that if you don't use your brain, its bound to rot and that was exactly what was happening to me. With this new job, hopefully I will succeed in stemming this rot that has already permeated a good part of my mind.

This post is more of a rant but you'll soon be seeing a more coherent post on what I plan to do with my life and hopefully this blog will be filled again soon.

No comments: