Saturday, December 8, 2007

Of Babe Photography and (I think) Badly Taken Pix

It's that time of the year again when PC Fair is running. I was just there yesterday and found myself stuck in a massive jam just trying to get into the KLCC area. I was pretty pissed when I found the KLCC parking chocked full and after doing some twists and turn, decided to park over at Mandarin Oriental, which made a big RM14 hole into my wallet (sob, sob). Anyway, I wasn't really there to check out any deals and such, thought the Intel deal for Core 2 Duo PCs was pretty tempting. Thankfully I already have a Core 2 Duo based PC (perks of being a tech journo) and I didn't even look twice. I was actually there to ahem, check out the promoters of PC Fair.

 



As most of you all who are frequent PC Fair yearly (all three of them), I'm pretty sure you're familiar with the sight of skimpy and sexily dressed promoters in the various booths that pepper Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre. Ok, I'll sound kinda of hypocritical if I said that it was a good example of the exploitation of women, since I kinda enjoyed some of the sights as well (yes if my girlfriend reads this I am a dead man). However, that is sometimes, one of the draws of PC Fair, the deals and the babes. And so there I was, covering the promoters of PC Fair III 2007. Considering that LYN the site I work for is populated mostly by raging, hot blooded males, it's more than natural for me to go to PC Fair, not to cover the tech (since most of the forumers there would know the whole place inside out even before I reach the place) but the girls themselves.

 



Not let me tell you, I'm no photographer. In fact I suck at taking pictures. As such I brought in the assistance of a buddy of mine who so happened needed to head to PC Fair to settle some stuff to take pictures with me. As you can see from the pix we took, things didn't turn out that great. If you want to see better pictures, I suggest you check out LYN forummer travis_cfk's photos which were way better than mine and my friends. And if you're wondering which of the girls I took, its the one with the Samsung Cop girls, which were pretty overexposed.

 



I've never been able to take any good pictures no matter how hard I try. It seems the only thing I'm (partially) good at is writing. If you're looking to see better photography skills, you ought to take a look at what my sis can do. Her eye for artistic photography details easily beat me hands down. And she is able to do it without knowing all the technical aspects like exposure rate, ISO settings and such. Instead she takes photos on her gut feel and after some test shots. Me and a cousin of ours did try to give her a crash course on the more technical aspects of photography but all that info just shot past her, and she still managed to take good pictures. If you don't believe how good my sis is, you could see for yourself the pictures she took on her online gallery here at deviantart (and for all you male readers, do not drool at my sis self potraits. I will hunt you down should you think dirty thoughts).

 



So on one hand you have a brother that can't do photography for nuts and you have his sister who has an eye for stuff like that. Well at least I have my writing, oh wait she's even catching up with me on that as well. "SIGH" some people have all the luck. Anyway... after this long rant, you now know I suck at photography and my sis rules. Well IT IS 5 am in the morning and I think I need to sleep so enjoy the (bad) pix I took as well as my sis' photography gallery.

No comments: